I'm so struck by how easy it is to live without suffering. Midlife "crisis" website are full to overflowing with suffering and bitterness as people tell their stories of "loss", "betrayal", "abandonment" etc....all from a completely narcissistic position, lambasting the person who had the nerve to leave a relationship to find something more or different in their own lives. Families demanding all that they are entitled to litter the pages, demanding, demanding, demanding more and more......"You owe me!" they cry.....calling the person a "narcissist" while lambasting the person for having to nerve to live for somebody besides the "abandoned" cry baby. Talk about blindness! Wow!
I see it soooo differently, totally opposite, and I celebrate anyone who has the courage to set the course for their own life....It takes courage. I admire my ex-husband tremendously for having the courage to live for more than "me"....for walking away from the narcissistic tyranny of our marriage and all that I exacted from him in the name of my "entitlements" as wife. I thank my ex-husband for releasing me and helping me to get from of the snare that had me wrapped in pettiness and selfishness. Now, I feel like we can breathe and truly find each other in love....It's such a gift....and all I say is "Thank you"
No comments:
Post a Comment